Search Site
K-1 – Get Your Fiancé(e) In

K-1 – Get Your Fiancé(e) In

Are you getting married to a non-U.S. citizen? You will need a K-1 visa and will need to marry your fiancé(e) within 90 days of his/her arrival.

There are five critical steps to make sure your wedding can happen and your fiancé(e) (soon to be spouse) can stay in the U.S.:

Step 1: Form I-129F must be filed and then reviewed by USCIS to determine that you and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90 days of their admission and that you have actually met in person. After an intense background check, USCIS will send the approved petition to the embassy or consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for the K-1 visa.

Step 2: After receiving the application for your fiancé(e)’s visa, a decision will be made whether to issue the K-1 visa, which is good for 6 months. The issuance of the K-1 visa does not guarantee admission into the U.S.

Step 3: Your fiancé(e) must travel to the U.S. and seek entry. Additional inspections and biometrics will be had during the entry process. Once admitted, you have 90 days to marry.

Step 4: After the marriage, a Form I-485 must be properly completed. Again, there are more background checks and both of you may be interviewed by a USCIS agent. If you pass and the marriage is under 2 years in length, a Green Card will be issued which is valid for 2 years.

Step 5: To remove the conditional status, Form I-751 must be properly prepared and submitted to USCIS within 90 days prior to the end of the two-year conditional permanent resident period.

As you can tell, this process is lengthy and complicated. I can help you get your fiancé(e) in the U.S. Call me today.

Contact my office

Please fill out the form below and you will be contacted

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Riverside Office
    6809 Indiana Avenue
    Suite 130-B1
    Riverside, California 92506
    Phone: 951-246-2370
  • Murrieta Office
    25096 Jefferson Avenue
    Suite C
    Murrieta, California 92562
    Phone: 951-246-2370
  • Carlsbad Office
    Cornerstone Corporate Center
    1902 Wright Place, Suite 200
    Carlsbad, CA 92008
    Phone: 951-246-2370