Search Site
I-130 – Get Your Relatives In

I-130 – Get Your Relatives In

The good news is that U.S. Immigration Law favors allowing relatives into the United States. Even more good news is that family visas receive preferential treatment and there is no yearly limit on visas for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens. The bad news is that getting your relatives in can be complicated and require the assistance of an experienced immigration law attorney.

In general, immediate relative visas are available for the following types of relationships with U.S. citizens:

  • Spouses
  • Unmarried children under 21 years of age
  • Orphans adopted abroad or to be adopted upon arrival in the U.S.
  • Parents of citizens over the age of 21 years

The process begins with the submission of a properly prepared I-130 Petition for Alien Relative along with the proper documentation of verifying your relationship to the immediate relative. You must also include proof of support in an amount 125% above the federally mandated poverty line.

The I-130 Petition and the required documentation can be complicated! I will help you by analyzing, preparing, and submitting the documents you need to get your family into the U.S. Contact me to find out how we can get you through the process efficiently and timely.

Contact my office

Please fill out the form below and you will be contacted

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Riverside Office
    6809 Indiana Avenue
    Suite 130-B1
    Riverside, California 92506
    Phone: 951-246-2370
  • Murrieta Office
    25096 Jefferson Avenue
    Suite C
    Murrieta, California 92562
    Phone: 951-246-2370
  • Carlsbad Office
    Cornerstone Corporate Center
    1902 Wright Place, Suite 200
    Carlsbad, CA 92008
    Phone: 951-246-2370