Search Site
Waivers – Stay In When You’ve Done Something Wrong

Waivers – Stay In When You’ve Done Something Wrong

It is often the case that a Notice to Appear was issued by the Department of Homeland Security due to an immigrant having been convicted of some crime that makes the immigrant ineligible for his/her current status. Your Notice to Appear will state whether this is the case with you. Having a criminal conviction can also make adjusting your status problematic.

The good news is that even if you have done something wrong and want to stay in the U.S., you can request a waiver seeking to have the disqualifying conviction waived so that it does not prevent you from staying in the U.S. Of course, this will depend on the seriousness of the conviction and other surrounding circumstances regarding the conviction. I will advise you on whether obtaining a waiver is possible and prepare the necessary documents to apply for the waiver. It may be also necessary for you to take affirmative steps to convince the Immigration Court that the offense will not happen again. I will advise you on whether this is the case or not.

Contact my office

Please fill out the form below and you will be contacted

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Riverside Office
    6809 Indiana Avenue
    Suite 130-B1
    Riverside, California 92506
    Phone: 951-246-2370
  • Murrieta Office
    25096 Jefferson Avenue
    Suite C
    Murrieta, California 92562
    Phone: 951-246-2370
  • Carlsbad Office
    Cornerstone Corporate Center
    1902 Wright Place, Suite 200
    Carlsbad, CA 92008
    Phone: 951-246-2370